Scar tissue, repierce?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by deviantxy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:09 am

I first had my ears pierced with a gun at six years old. They got terribly infected so I let them close up. I then got them repierced at sixteen though the previous scar tissue (there was a small knot in each ear) with you guessed it, a gun. A few months before I decided to stretch I got to work with oil massaging my lobes to try and reduce the scar tissue. It did a bit so I decided to go ahead with my plans and have reached 8g with absolutely no trouble. But here's the deal. The scar tissue despite my efforts (I have been massaging my lobes with good quality avocado and sweet almond oil at least every other day) is not going away at all and is just becoming a hard ring around the hole. So my question is can I get it repierced with a hollow 8-6g needle to hopefully cut it out after letting my lobed shrink some? I have heard mixed reviews on whether or not the needles actually take flesh or not.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by bradykay90 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 am

My ears done that when i syretched to fast. I done jojoba oil massages and its helped alot idk if it helped much cuz im almost done stretching it did help alot with my last stretch tho. But if u want to go the route ur wanting let them close back up the repierce them at a 10g and go from there. Hope this helps. But idk
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by BigIke » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 pm

I got my lobes pierced with a hollow 10g needle and it does not remove any flesh, it just moves it to the side.

A dermal punch will remove flesh, but from what I have read here it's not a good idea. Chances are it will only heal back to whatever size you punched it at.
BigIke

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 am

^ Yep, piercing needles do not remove tissue.
Dermal punches are usually awful for lobes, but if you have scar tissue sometimes it's the only way to get rid of it, besides scalpelling.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:18 am

bradykay90 wrote:My ears done that when i syretched to fast. I done jojoba oil massages and its helped alot idk if it helped much cuz im almost done stretching it did help alot with my last stretch tho. But if u want to go the route ur wanting let them close back up the repierce them at a 10g and go from there. Hope this helps. But idk

Haha i like how i said it helped alot but idk if it helped much. Idk y i put that. It did help alot no doubt it didnt but i massage my ears daily when i got up and right before i went to bed
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by deviantxy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

I have no plans of going back to a normal 20g-18g piercing so not shrinking up is not a problem. I've decided I'm going to just try and work with what I've got. If it gets worse and I can't do scalping I'll let them shrink down and try a dermal punch. I really wish I could use PTFE tape but my ears turn to cat butt every time I do. And no matter how much oil I put on them it still seems to stick to my ear making it a tug-o-war on my poor earlobe every time I try to get them out.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 pm

^ I'm the same way with tape. I've always hated it. Sounds like you have a good plan though, just do as many oil massages as you can and it should help. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion