Ear Stretching becoming very Popular?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

I never really noticed it before maybe because i wasn't doing it until the last 4 months so i never really paid attention and maybe since im stretching myself i notice it more! But it seems like everybody and their mom has there Ear Stretched! Its everywhere! It dosnt bother me one way or another its just something that i noticed. I think its probably a good thing really when you think about it. Just for the fact that the more common it becomes and people and Employers get used to it it wont be as big of an issue. They will pretty much adapt to it! You only could turn down so many people. I think its dumb in the first place to judge a book by its cover but im sure im preaching to the choir on here!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 pm

To me it seems like it's getting less popular here... I noticed the most people with stretched ears in 2009-early 2010 and now I hardly see anyone with them. A lot of the people I know of who had their ears stretched have taken them out or even had them sewn up. I still see people with them, just not nearly as much as I used to. Same with piercings in general.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:03 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:To me it seems like it's getting less popular here... I noticed the most people with stretched ears in 2009-early 2010 and now I hardly see anyone with them. A lot of the people I know of who had their ears stretched have taken them out or even had them sewn up. I still see people with them, just not nearly as much as I used to. Same with piercings in general.

Wow that crazy how its different in different areas of the country! Well i dont know exactly where your at but up here in the Northeast it seems to be going Strong.
DarkCustom13

by bradykay90 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Down here in texas its like 30/70 u can see people with them in hottopic spencers sometimes at stores but its not like it was a few years ago lol
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm in West Virginia. I'm thinking maybe part of the reason I'm seeing fewer people with stretched ears is because I'm getting older and people my age are taking them out for jobs and such. I don't plan on ever retiring mine, though. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I'm in West Virginia. I'm thinking maybe part of the reason I'm seeing fewer people with stretched ears is because I'm getting older and people my age are taking them out for jobs and such. I don't plan on ever retiring mine, though. :)

Well im already 30 so im stretching my ears for keeps! Lol.. I know its hard for most people with jobs and stuff but i always feel Do what you want and what you love and the rest will work it self out if you really want it too! In my area i see folks of all ages with stretched ears. Just shopping around a couple of stores last week and i counted 22 people with stretched ears and 6 of them were working (and no not in Hot Topic).. And they all had 0 gauge or bigger 3 were over an inch.
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Wow, that's a lot! And there were probably more that you just didn't notice because they're like me and have hair that covers them, haha. If I was a guy or had short hair I'd probably have to retire my stretches at some point, but most people don't even know I have them so I'll be able to be a teacher with my stretched lobes. :)
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Wow, that's a lot! And there were probably more that you just didn't notice because they're like me and have hair that covers them, haha. If I was a guy or had short hair I'd probably have to retire my stretches at some point, but most people don't even know I have them so I'll be able to be a teacher with my stretched lobes. :)

I agree girls have it made when it comes to stretching! For one its more normal for girls to have earrings in the first place so if they have there ears stretched they could just where the plugs that make it look like just a big earring unless there over a 1/2 then that's another story! But even then like you said they could just wear there hair down too! I really wish people wouldn't judge people by the way they look when it comes to jobs especially. They should go by there credentials!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep, exactly! My hope is that once our generation gets into management/hiring positions they will be more tolerant. I think things are already changing a little bit... I actually saw a doctor a couple weeks ago who didn't look much older than me, and she had a tragus piercing and a couple other cartilage piercings! I know that's not exactly an extreme body mod but usually people in the medical field can't have more than one earring in each lobe. There are still people my age who are judgemental about piercings/tattoos but at least theyve been exposed to it more and are more likely to look past it if someone is qualified!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Yep, exactly! My hope is that once our generation gets into management/hiring positions they will be more tolerant. I think things are already changing a little bit... I actually saw a doctor a couple weeks ago who didn't look much older than me, and she had a tragus piercing and a couple other cartilage piercings! I know that's not exactly an extreme body mod but usually people in the medical field can't have more than one earring in each lobe. There are still people my age who are judgemental about piercings/tattoos but at least theyve been exposed to it more and are more likely to look past it if someone is qualified!

Funny story.. I was in an accident years ago got rushed to the Hospital and when i got there the Night shift Doc had 2 full Tattoo sleeves! Its funny for how bad the accident was thats the main memory that still stands out in my head to this day! I thought it was pretty cool. Must be the area i live in..LOL But i agree with you i think the more the older folks die off ( not to be mean) and the younger generations take over i think it will evolve and i feel around my area it already is starting too.
DarkCustom13

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion