00 gauge double flare plugs keep falling out.

Discuss all things ear stretching

by rebel_logan_24 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:20 pm

well about 5 months ago i stretched to 00 gauge via taper and tore my lobe i downsized and let it heal for 3 months doing sss and babying the crap out of it. any way about two months ago i stretched back up to 00 gauge using the taping method.(way better than tapers)
i went slow and had no trouble stretching up to 00. now its been about two months or so and my double flare plugs feel really loose and fall out if i do anything to them. i dont get it at any other size df would be fairly difficult to get in and out for quiet a while before they would loosen up and these just fell right in and out again the first time i wore df in 00 gauge.
i dont know what to do have i given my ears long enough to sleep with naked lobes?

also when i sleep i usually sleep in single flare glass or metal plugs but when i wake up my lobes always hurt like the plugs were digging in all night or something? if i cant sleep with naked lobes yet could i wear earskins at night?
rebel_logan_24

by Dowa2bp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 am

Oooo I Would Like To See Other Answers For This, I'm Not To Sure How To Deal With This Problem O.O
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by deviantxy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:03 am

Here's what I'll bet is going on. At larger sizes the flare is less dramatic and you have to remember that its larger so it weighs more. Therefore your ears are probably self stretching. If a night without jewelry is not helping try going a whole day too. Other than that I don't know as I'm not experienced with that size yet but I'm sure there are others on here that have more info.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by KAISERROLLS » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 am

I think wearing earskins at night would totally help the situation but also so would sleeping naked. Possibly buy a plug with larger flares on it, because as was said earlier at such a size self stretching is beginning to happen, and with the combination of that and the flare being less substantial proportionally to the hole, you may encounter this problem. I also would say if you think that sleeping naked is too much, take them out for some time while your awake and can control how long they are out for, personally i believe that that is your best option.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion