Has anyone's ears stretched separately at a different rate?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by panxp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:38 pm

It seems like during my last stretch, even though I'm wearing the same size in each ear, my right ear was adjusting to the stretch better than the left ear. During my newest stretch, it feels as though the left ear is feeling more comfortable and loose than the right. Both are very comfortable and I'm not having problems with them at all. No infections, blowouts, skipping sizes, going too fast, etc., just curious if anyone else's ears tried to race eachother on their own =P.
panxp

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 pm

I did !
First reason : I had only one taper of each size. Haha
Second reason : The left ear was harder to stretch. And it took more time to heal. So they were stretched not at the same time.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Nic » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 am

lol yah, for a while one ear was like 3 sizes ahead.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:47 am

magalo le matelot wrote:First reason : I had only one taper of each size. Haha

Tapers are just tools, not jewelry so there's no reason to need two; I only had one taper at the sizes I've used them for but that's why you stretch with it, put a plug in, then repeat with the other ear. Tapers get knocked around too much and can cause problems.

Anyway, my left side has been a little more difficult to stretch (although for some reason it was my right ear last time). My left side is just weird in general; all of the piercings I've had on the left side of my body have been more painful than the ones on the right. The difference in my nostrils was insane! So yeah, I think almost everyone has a more difficult ear. Just make sure you wait for the tricky ear to be ready before you stretch it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:

Tapers are just tools, not jewelry so there's no reason to need two; I only had one taper at the sizes I've used them for but that's why you stretch with it, put a plug in, then repeat with the other ear. Tapers get knocked around too much and can cause problems.

Hey, remember that I just kept them 2 weeks max in my ear. So there's no reason to cause problem. Anyway, I made them short so they never get knocked. I wear them as a jewelery because I don't see the point of buying a pair of jewelery (40$ here minimum) to keep them 2 weeks and never wear them again...

magalo le matelot

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:
corazon_de_oro wrote:

Hey, remember that I just kept them 2 weeks max in my ear. So there's no reason to cause problem. Anyway, I made them short so they never get knocked. I wear them as a jewelery because I don't see the point of buying a pair of jewelery (40$ here minimum) to keep them 2 weeks and never wear them again...

Fast: 800$ to stretch to 22mm if I buyed a pair of plugs for each size. With what I've done, it costed... a big 10$ ?

magalo le matelot

by stashapistachio » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:22 pm

I probably spent much less that that taping nicely on cheap arse plugs (I can get PMMA ones for like 10-50p. And for taping, acrylic is fine) from 6g onwards. And most of my steel tapers and stuff from before, I had autoclaved and sold (for a profit sometimes)
People can spend hundreds on stretching stuff. Doesn't always mean they're doing it right, and the same goes for doing it on the cheap. I've seen some strange expensive embossed with patterns steel tapers, and people stretching with pen lids.. And it'd only take one bad nights sleep with tapers in and your ears are screwed.
Spending/saving (responsibly) money doesn't mean much to your ears.

I've spent a MASSIVE amount of money on jewellery at my goal sizes though. Huge jewellery addict. I don't think I've bought anything for much less than $50/pair in quite a long time.. (and I've got some very very expensive ones)

But yeah, my ears have always stretched at a different rate. Super stretchy ear I could tape once or even twice a day. Stubborn ear won't take anything faster than once every 2/3 days
stashapistachio

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:Fast: 800$ to stretch to 22mm if I buyed a pair of plugs for each size. With what I've done, it costed... a big 10$ ?

That's why I'd tape if I was going that big. And why are plugs that expensive? They really shouldn't be; if they are you can order them online.
It doesn't take more than two weeks for tapers to mess up your ears; your lobes were probably pretty weak with only allowing two weeks between each size and tapers are most likely to cause problems within the first few days.
With what you've done, it may have been cheap and fast but you should consider yourself VERY lucky you don't have ruined lobes. I've seen you call other people's ears thin before but if you think everyone should stretch like you that's how it's going to end up! Not everyone can stretch every two weeks and leave tapers in their ears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 am

A lot of people do it like this here, and I've never heard of someone with problems with that...

And yeah plugs cost 40$, if you want really really cheap one you can find them at 30$ big minimum. And I can't order online I don't have a credit card, I'm minor.

magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:23 am

I had a bank card when I was 16; you can order stuff with those.
You've never heard of problems from people who stretch like you? Read some of the bad stretching experiences on BME... if you don't have problems, you're VERY lucky. I don't think you realize how lucky you are.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion