So it's time for me to wait now, how long do I wait?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by panxp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:19 am

So I was at 14 ga for idk, maybe a year because I just didn't find the effort to stretch for that entire time. In the last three weeks, I've gradually taped and tapered until I've gotten to 12 ga with one slight layer of PTFE tape around it (because I prefer my plug to be covered by PTFE at all times due to how inert and biocompatible it is). So my question is, do I wait 6-8 weeks starting now or can I wait only 3-5 weeks because I did such a small stretch over very small increments?
panxp

by brutalSKITTLES » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Do you plan on stretching with a taper to 10g? If that's what you want to do then i think 1-3 weeks would be sufficient, but if you plan to keep taping up to 10g you can continue to do that with no wait, sense taping is so gradual it really requires no wait, just go slow, don't add a bunch of layers every day.
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:22 pm

You do have to wait with tape... you pause between every size just like any other stretching method.
But I would say wait about 6 weeks. You can TRY at a minimum of 4-5 weeks but make sure you listen to your body. If it hurts, stop and wait.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by panxp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks for the replies. My logic was that, hypothetically, if I took six weeks to very gradually go up one size, then I wouldn't have to wait at all and continue at that pace. I haven't read anything specifically about taping from anyone who has a lot of experience with it.
panxp

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion