quick weird question about my stretch

Discuss all things ear stretching

by melanietheboss » Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Okay so ive been stretching since January and i am at a 10g, my ears heal pretty quickly and i was able to slide it in every single time without any pain at all. However one ear was always behind the other ( my right ear )when i stretched to a 10g a few days later it was swollen, sore, and red, leaking puss possible lymph (but no blood my ears never bleed before)my left ear seems to be doing well, i can actually see my hole and pretty much ready to size up again and its never discomforting.

my left ear you cant even tell its being stretched its like my ear isn't even pierced to begin with the hole isn't even much visible it just kinda blends in with my normal ear lobe :cry: its crusty when i clean it and ive been massaging it with oil, and cleaning it and hoping its not a blow out, also i downsized about a week ago back 2 sizes it kinda keeps sliding out at night :|

why does it look like it does, i thought it was going perfect?
melanietheboss

by mylifeasapigeon » Wed May 09, 2012 10:17 pm

It sounds like you're stretching pretty quickly, how long are you waiting between sizes?

In my experience, most people I've talked to generally have an 'unhappy' ear, the ear that doesn't want to stretch up or heal very well. Mine tends to be my left. Just give it time to heal completely before you try going up again, downsize to the last size you wore before stretching, and baby it.

When I first started I was stretching really quickly, I would go up two or more sizes in a month, and then one day I would take them out and they would be split, sore and have pus out of nowhere. You just have to go slow.
FGFS, hardcore, pop punk, and lobes.
1 7/8 (48mm) Lobes
14g Septum
14g Nostril
3 Dermal Anchors
mylifeasapigeon

by KAISERROLLS » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 am

Doesn't sound like a blowout, but the only way to know would be to post a picture. It sounds mostly like an infection, I would go back to a 12 and let it heal for at least a month. My guess is you used something that wasn't completely sterilized, because even if it was a tear or blowout it shouldn't last this long and there should only be blood, If you have puss and a large amount of lymph its probably an infection.

Like Pigeon stated, you sometimes have one bad ear and you found it, just go slower, A lot slower like at least 6 weeks in between stretches and ill bet you'll probably avoid this from happening again.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by melanietheboss » Thu May 10, 2012 12:47 am

mylifeasapigeon wrote:It sounds like you're stretching pretty quickly, how long are you waiting between sizes?

In my experience, most people I've talked to generally have an 'unhappy' ear, the ear that doesn't want to stretch up or heal very well. Mine tends to be my left. Just give it time to heal completely before you try going up again, downsize to the last size you wore before stretching, and baby it.

When I first started I was stretching really quickly, I would go up two or more sizes in a month, and then one day I would take them out and they would be split, sore and have pus out of nowhere. You just have to go slow.

Yeah im pretty sure its split, i wonder why people get the whole one "unhappy" ear? I have been taking extra care of it theres not as much discomfort as it was before.. So are the splits fully fixable or will i be left with a nasty looking lobe in the future? I most likely will not go up a size for another month in a half.

Thank you for the help, its good to hear from someone with a similar happening :mrgreen:
melanietheboss

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion