GIVING STRETCHING ADVICES...

Discuss all things ear stretching

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:51 pm

brutalSKITTLES wrote:Realisticly the majority of people stretching wont wait 6 weeks just to strech from 8g to 6g

I waited over two months between this stretch and it was still a little difficult for me... my ears just did not want to go to 6G. So even though it's a smaller size it can still cause problems.
And yeah I haven't been at 00G but that stretch is not going to be much different than the ones I've done, especially if you go 1mm at a time like you're supposed to. It's not like stretching is some whole different experience at bigger sizes. The only difference is sometimes you have to dead-stretch or use tape and I've done both of those methods already (wasn't successful with tape, but still).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by brutalSKITTLES » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 pm

I went from 14g -6g in about a week and a half &i had no pain or difficulty. I literally didn't have to push, i just pressed on the taper about as hard as i type on a key bored and it went through. It just goes to show that everybodys body is different, my friend cant go to 4g, she just cant, she has waited almost 6 months now. &You do have a point, stretches are not that different at bigger sizes. &yeah that realy is the only difference. (i wasn't successful with tape ether, it reacted badly with my ear.)
brutalSKITTLES

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:24 pm

You say that you did dead stretching and that's the worst method in ear stretching... That mean you don't necessarily give only good advices...
Dead stretching is pushing the next size in, if you had the previous size during a couple of month before it should be ok (because the lobe loosen with time), but otherwise the fistula is weak and that's the best method to have wonderful blowouts.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 am

That's the whole point of dead-stretching; waiting until your lobe is loosened up so much that you can just pop the next size in without tape or tapers. As long as your ear is ready to stretch it's perfectly fine.
I didn't even plan on stretching when I did my dead-stretch; I had just gotten my new plugs and was trying to see how the 2G felt next to my 4G hole but it ended up sliding right in. No pain or resistance. I also did it right after a shower with lots of emu oil; it didn't even feel like a stretch, just like I was putting in a pair of plugs after leaving them out for a little while.
Yeah, dead-stretching is bad if you're not ready to stretch and just force it in there with no lube or anything, but if your lobe happily accepts the new size it's perfectly fine.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion