Am I stretching too fast?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by panxp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I have a full set of plugs, tapers, and lots of PTFE tape. I was at a 14 ga two weeks ago and I've been adding a layer of PTFE tape every 4-5 days. I'm up to 12 ga plus a layer of tape around it. My ears don't feel sore or anything but this morning I woke up and the top edge of the hole had some dry skin around it and is a little red. I took the plug out immediately to start downsizing and I noticed slight flecks of blood crusties along with the normal crusties. I don't think I tore it when I initially put it in because I didn't force it in at all. I'm guessing I slept badly on top of my ear and plug and it irritated and slightly tore it possibly? I'm just really paranoid about blowouts, infections, and cat butt ever happening to my ear so I'm trying to be extra cautious because this is my first experience with stretching and there's so much I haven't seen before despite reading as much as I could.
panxp

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:43 am

Are you waiting between sizes or are you just adding tape every 4-5 days?
If you're not waiting between sizes, start. When you get to each size, stop for 6-8+ weeks before moving on.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by panxp » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 am

Whenever I felt like the taped plug was no longer tight fitting I would add another layer of tape so that I never really waited longer than 5 days. I guess I will wait from now on. I assumed my body was adjusting well to the stretch so easily at such a small size so I would just continue stretching regularly and quickly.
panxp

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion