home made plugs?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by kimchilla » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:54 pm

I've really been wanting to start making my own acrylic plugs; I have 7 different stretched piercings of 4 different sizes, so I think it'd just be easier and more cost effective for me to make my own. Plus, I asked my dad to help me make them once I find out how to do it...father-daughter bonding time...woohoo. xD

I've been searching on google for instructions but haven't come up with anything :/
well, I have come up with the whole "omg don't do that, acrylic is bad!" kinda shizz. Thus why I'm just going to wear my earskins around them, so that really isn't a problem for me.
Basically what I'm trying to ask is... does anyone know, or know where I could go to find out how to make them myself?
Resin could be fine too. I'm keeping my mind somewhat open to what could be best to work with.
kimchilla

by bradykay90 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 am

Ill do some research for you and give u some links

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... fV1s&gl=US
Follow her on youtube. She explains how to make molds n make ur own resin plugs. Worth a lokk
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by professorkittens11 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Acrylic is one of the worst things you can put in your ear. You have a higher chance of getting infections and stuff in your ear. It's really unhealthy. If you want to make homemade plugs i would recommend making wood ones. It's a lot easier and cheaper. Go to like a hardware store get a wooden stick as thick as you want it, saw it to the width you want, sand it, and then oil it with jojoba oil..I make mine all the time that way. It's 10x more healthy.
Hey, I'm Caitlyn.

I have Angel piercings 3/4 almost 7/8 plugs and I'm hoping to get my septum pierced! C:
professorkittens11

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Even earskins aren't great for your ears as long-term jewelry. Making plugs and wearing them is fine, but make sure you have some good quality glass or titanium jewelry to give your lobes a break every now and then. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by 805soxcal » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I would recommend making wooden plugs too! ive been working on a few myself it would be much easier because you would need a lot of tools n expensive equipment for acrylic. Other than that you could make resin ones and embed things in them id suggest using metal eyelets though
805soxcal

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion