New To Stretching & I Need Help!

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Omgduhangie » Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 am

[i]Hey Im New To Ear Stretching & I'm Not Sure On How To Clean My Ears.
I Just Got My Ears Gauged Or Whatever Like 3 Days Ago. Am I Supposed To Take My Earring Off & Then Clean My Ears With Saline Solution Or Do I Just Leave Them On & Clean Around Them!? Also, Am I Supposed To Be Using Saline Solution? Is There Anything Else You Suggest I Should Use? Well Thank You In Advance! (:
Peace, Love, & Harmony!
Omgduhangie

by Nic » Thu May 27, 2010 5:26 am

lol Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha u mean u stretched them, to what size? if its only been 3 days u will want to just clean with a Q tip around the edges, because ur ears are not healed yet. Give em a week or so and like i said just use a q tip. Saline is ok for the outer edges but if u use it on the inside it will dry ur ears and has the potential to harm them. Use H2Ocean, every piercer will swear by it. I swear by it, it feels good and is good for ur ears. U can get it at any piercing/tattoo shop. good luck and happy stretching. Let me know if u have anymore questions =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Omgduhangie » Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 am

Haa Thanks! Umm I Stretched Them To Size 14g. I Took My Earrings Out A Couple Of Times Already, Do You Think It Will Have Any Affect On My Ears Or My Stretching!?
Peace, Love, & Harmony!
Omgduhangie

by leighmarie » Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 am

Most people I know recommend leaving your plugs/tunnels out for a little while to allow your lobes time to relax. I personally don't take them out for long periods of time (just briefly for cleaning) until a couple of weeks after I've stretched up, and after that I leave them out on a night while I sleep.

If you've just taken them out a couple of times for cleaning I can't see as that would have a negative effect, especially if you've replaced them pretty quickly :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Truthfuly, (tis is just my openion) you cant mess up an ear streching untell around 4g/2g. That said, i would take out the plugs every day and clean them &around the hole, useing paroxide &a Q-tip(cause its cheep) or you can get h2ocean or vitamin e oils. I never used that stuff tho so idk how it works..
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:27 am

You can mess up your ear at any size. Smaller holes are actually worse to stretch too fast/skip sizes with because you're increasing the hole by a bigger percentage... like if you skipped from 14G to 8G you'd be making the hole twice the size it was before which is never good.
And peroxide is not good for any kind of piercing or stretch... it kills healthy cells and can dry everything out. And H2Ocean and Vitamin E oil are in totally different ballparks; they serve completely different purposes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 am

brutalSKITTLES wrote:Truthfuly, (tis is just my openion) you cant mess up an ear streching untell around 4g/2g. That said, i would take out the plugs every day and clean them &around the hole, useing paroxide &a Q-tip(cause its cheep) or you can get h2ocean or vitamin e oils. I never used that stuff tho so idk how it works..

Peroxide?! Youch!

H20cean is a saline solution as far as I know (I've never used it), and it's used to help the healing process of piercings.

Vitamin E is an oil for use on healed stretches to help with scar tissue.

Like Corazon said, pretty different.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by brutalSKITTLES » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:07 am

I didnt know you could mess up at those sizes, im suprised xD i thought 2g was when it started to matter. (mostly cause iv had a bunch of friends skip directly to 2g, i just thought..) The paroxide never actualy hurt, it just helped break doen the crusties on a new peirceing &was good for cleaning plugswith a bubly action distroying ear gunk. I didnt know it was harmful.. & i was wondering about vitamin E oil, were can i get some? (walmart? walgreens?) cause i have alot of scar tissue buld up and i wanted to see if it helped.
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

I wouldn't know in America sweetheart. Over here (in the UK) you can just buy it from stores that sell Essential Oils, but I found them quite expensive so bought mine from an online store.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Starting at 2G? Ouch. Yeah, the smaller sizes definitely matter; if you're skipping them you're going to build up scar tissue that lasts throughout your whole stretching journey and makes it more difficult.
And peroxide is bad because it kills healthy cells and can dry out your lobes/whatever piercing you're putting it on.
I just get vitamin E gels at drugstores/any place that sells vitamins.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion