Does stretching really doesn't hurts at all?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by TOFU » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

I've seen from many websites saying that stretching doesnt really hurt. I went from 8g to 6g, and it really hurts like a bitch. My ears was sore, swollen, harden up for a week and painful just by touching on the surface.
I assumed i did it the right way, i allowed it to rest for a few weeks, apply vaseline.
I used alot of strength to get it in after it went halfway through.

TOFU

by joexxx » Tue May 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Its stretching, its going to hurt some..

I think once you get to the bigger sizes like going to from a 1/2" to a 9/16" doesn't hurt much.. as long the proper wait time has been installed. However back in the day going to from an 8g to a 6g i remember that shit did hurt, even though i waited a while to stretch my ears..
joexxx

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm

If you wait long enough between stretches it shouldn't be painful. For the most part, my stretches haven't hurt at all but 8G to 6G did sting a little bit. If your ear was swollen and sore for a week it sounds like you needed to wait a lot longer, though.
In the future, wait at least 6-8 weeks after each stretch and try oil massages (with things like emu oil, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, etc) to make your lobes loosen up a little bit.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TOFU » Wed May 26, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks, my ear are already healed up, just that it's a lil hard when touching, no redness or whatever :D
Well, in my area, its not easy to get emu oil or jojoba oil. Probably some other vitamin E oil :D

Yea, that's what i think so. Pain is inevitable? Just that im puzzled when i read that it shouldnt be hurting :D
TOFU

by corazon_de_oro » Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

I don't think pain is really inevitable; as long as you allow plenty of time between stretches it shouldn't really HURT. How long have you been waiting?
And yeah, I have to order emu oil and stuff online but for Vitamin E you can just get the pills and squeeze the oil out of them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TOFU » Thu May 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Anw, i'll like to check with you guys. Is it because i have a thicker "stud" in my ear, it makes my lobes more firm? Or is it because my ears are still swelling?
Cause when i tapped lightly on the bottom of my lobes, it's kinda firm but no pain at all. Compare to my right ear which i haven't started stretching :D

Thanks! :D
TOFU

by leighmarie » Fri May 28, 2010 10:19 am

Maybe it's a bit of scar tissue? Were you pierced by needle or gun?
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by TOFU » Sat May 29, 2010 4:22 am

Most probably. Sadly, a gun ):
So what you mean is, the scar tissues from stretching will add up to the scar tissues i previously had when pierced by a gun? Aw that sucks ):
TOFU

by leighmarie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 am

I was pierced by gun too, so don't worry about it :)

Yes, when you're pierced by gun (or, more accurately, the blunt jewellery) it can cause scar tissue and when you're stretching it can build up, which is why Vitamin E oil massages are recommended.

Being pierced by gun doesn't make stretching impossible, just can make it a little more difficult sometimes. :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by TOFU » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Aw, how i wish my lobe was swollen so at least i know it will heal.
Anw, is olive oil okay? Cause in my area, jojoba oil and emu oil isnt available :D
TOFU

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion