how big should i gauge?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by heyMan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:47 am

i am gauging my ear this week, and im curious to know the size of which i should not go past , because eventually i will want them to close. I am also wondering if i can start with 14g?
heyMan

by skylorlambert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Well the size depends on you my friend, there really isn't a set limit to how big you can go before your ear won't close up, but by a rough estimate it's an inch with you gauging your ear right and taking care of it properly. See the reason why your ear won't go back to normal in many cases is because you have either ripped it, which caused major scar tissue buildup (This is the major cause of why your ear won't go back to normal) Or just not being clean about gauging your ears which would cause problems in the long run also. Also to answer your question, yes you can start at a 14g, but make sure it's a taper. When I first started gauging my ears I went straight to a 12g, and then to a 2 because my ears where very elastic. If you need anymore tips, or help just ask me and I will be glad to help! Happy stretching!
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by kylethomas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:47 am

professionals says 2G , i say more around the 0G is the point you dont want to pass if you plan for your ears to close up. I think the 00G is a nice size!
kylethomas

by skylorlambert » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Yep, it all depends my friend. I mean my friend has had an inch and it closed up just fine... the reason why his ears did this was because they where healthy and he took good care of them when he was stretching. :mrgreen:
skylorlambert

by heyMan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:05 pm

thanks man... I decided on going to 14g just for now... but plan on going bigger
heyMan

by skylorlambert » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:28 am

Sounds good to me my friend, if you need anymore help or anything just ask!
skylorlambert

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion