stretching forum for older ppl?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by firebutterfly » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey...I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a stretching/body mod forum that caters more to those of us that are say 'over 35'? Love this forum, but I really feel super out of place a lot of the time due to my advanced age (I'm 41). I have been tatted & pierced since I was 14, but stretching-wise I've just started this summer (LUVIN' it!) Never really thought of myself as being old...until now...lol.
I have looked for any 'over 35' sites, but have not found anything :( I think those of us (in my experience at least) that are 'older', tend to experience a lot of prejudices and judgment solely based on our age...I guess looked down on for doing things that are primarily reserved for a younger generation.
Anyway...if you know of any sites, or any of the older participants on this site are thinking of starting a section on here for us 'senior citizens' I would love to hear about it! Happy stretching to all :)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by dolly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:24 am

Hey there :-)

Just wanted to say that I don't personally think you are in the wrong place at all. I am soon to be 36 and have only just started stretching. Like you, I have been tattooed and pierced from a young age but only just decided that stretched lobes was something that I wanted. In my short time in this forum I have found everyone to be not only extremely helpful but a bunch of people who in no way make me feel like I'm one of the old ones!

dolly
dolly

by firebutterfly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:55 am

Very cool Dolly:) Yeah, no one has 'made' me feel old per se...my own deal, I know. I think knowing the majority of the ppl on here are less than half my age makes me a little hesitant to post issues that are an 'issue' to me, because I assume that perhaps no one will even care about what I am talking about...lol.
I do value peoples input when they do take the time to respond to my queries...and I do get good info when I read other peoples posts and responses that follow, I was just interested in a 'oldie' site (if there are any out there....) in addition to this site :)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by ViolentJayne » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:40 am

Im 30 and I just started feb 2011
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by firebutterfly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:03 am

That's awesome Jayne :o) You are still a youngin' though (u 2 Dolly)...lol :P It is pretty cool though that stretching is something that everyone can be passionate about! I am eager to get to my goal (00g.), but, at the same time I'm thinking 'what am I gonna do after I get there?'. I won't have the next stretch to look forward to!!! LOL. Stretching is so affordable (in comparison to my first love...tattoo's). I might rethink my 00g. goal/limit...lol.
firebutterfly

by firebutterfly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 am

BTW Jayne...I did not intend to use the surprised emoticon...lol...was just trying for an average smiley face...lol.
firebutterfly

by ViolentJayne » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm

firebutterfly wrote:BTW Jayne...I did not intend to use the surprised emoticon...lol...was just trying for an average smiley face...lol.

lol I hadnt even noticed :)

and I know the feeling of being a lil out of place here I feel a bit awkward here to sometimes and always get excited when I see posts from people closer to my age group but honestly some of the best advice givers on this forum are quite young I am pretty sure corazon_de_oro is under 21 and she is very friendly gives great advice and is very mature .. as well as a few others that frequent this forum
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by firebutterfly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:52 pm

yup, you are absolutely right Jayne. Awesome advise has been given by Corazon_de_Oro :) I think the ppl that I think of not being able to relate to are the ones that belly ache that ppl are 'yelling' at them about how they stretch....the ones that advocate the jumping several gauges at a time n saying 'hey, it worked for me'....'everybody's different', then argue with ppl that are advocating taking your time. And this is not necessarily a chronological age thing, I know...a maturity issue I suppose. Anyway, those are the ppl I figure won't give two shits about what I have questions or comments about...u know. Man, typing this out and readin' it makes me laugh...cuz when have I ever worried about who I am pissin' off....who, or who doesn't give two shits about what I think? LOL (Not to say I don't care about ppl, I really do, just mean I don't normally do things in RL worrying if someone is gonna disapprove) Awh, feck it...lol. Ignore the shit I think is not useful and pay attention to the stuff I know is :) Thanks Jayne!
firebutterfly

by firebutterfly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Actually there is someone who I DO care about what they think about me....my kiddo! My 15 year old daughter, who if I didn't know better, would think is a 30 year old in disguise :) K, rambling...DONE!
firebutterfly

by Nicole143 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 am

I am 22 and I personally think its great that there are older ppl who are into mods, I wish more were open minded. Even though your new at stretching you have alot of experience in tons of other stuff, which can be of great help to some of us kiddos. I have the upmost respect for my elders and most people in general. I look forward to hearing about yours and others stretching experiences and other things as you grow on the forum. I hope you stick around:D Jayne gives good advice as does lindsay and some others on here. They have helped me out some. Anywho rambling now, happy stretching!
"No pictorial or sculptural combinations of points of human loveliness, do more than approach the living and breathing human beauty as it gladdens our daily path. "
Nicole143

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion