Waiting time between each gauge

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Hcfranck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 am

Like i said in the title .. i want to know the normal Waiting time between the next size
(6g to 4g )

srz if its said in a other thread

thx in advance
Hcfranck

by ChartwellKerr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 am

Hey, just thought i may throw in my two cents but usually i would wait around 2 weeks to a month to let the ear heal and get used to the size its at. During the healing time you should also take out the jewelry (daily) in the shower or whenever and massage the inside with soap or Vitamin E oil or Jojoba oil to keep its elasticity (it also helps with the next stretch / doesn't hurt as much). Plus another positive with cleaning it is that it wont stink when you take out the jewelry :).
Hope that helped!

:geek:
- So put your faith, in more than steel. Don't store your treasures up, with moth and rust where thieves break in and steal.

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

by leighmarie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 am

I personally take a LOT longer than two weeks between sizes. Closer to two months tbh, but I'm slightly over-cautious. I think a month to six weeks is usually what people recommend.

I agree though that Vitamin E oil is great to use on your ears, but stretching shouldn't hurt at all. If it hurts or there's blood then you're doing it wrong and could be damaging your ears.

There's a great post on Body Jewellery Shop that gives better info on waiting time between stretches and good aftercare, I'll try and find it and post the link up for you :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 1:55 am

^^ She's right. Six weeks is a good rule of thumb, but some people take a bit longer. The shortest amount of time you should ever wait is four weeks. I've waited about two or two and a half months between all of my stretches.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Mon May 03, 2010 9:00 am

Someone who takes even longer than me! :o Haha :)

I think tbh, baring in mind the amount of time you'll have your stretches, especially if you go past the point of no return, taking a few years to get to your goal size is nothing. It'll have taken me about 2 years to get to 12mm by the time I'm finished, but I'll have nice healthy lobes for a long, long time. :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Agreed. I got pierced at 10G a little over a year ago, waited almost 6 months to start stretching, and now I'm only at 4G. My lobes are so healthy though; they're not wrinkly and I've never had any pain when stretching. IMO that's worth the wait!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Mon May 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Urgh, there's nothing worse than cat bum lobes!

You're my favourite person on this site, all your posts make so much sense! Haha :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 am

Haha thanks! Are you from the Body Jewellery Shop forums, by any chance? Your photo looks familiar. I'm on there a LOT (as Coraz0ndeOro) but somehow stumbled upon this site and had to join so I could correct the horrible advice people are giving, haha.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Tue May 04, 2010 8:04 am

YES! :)

Haha, we should bang the stretching guide up on here! :)

I was on the Ear Stretching group on Facebook the other week and got called a "pussy" because I told a girl to go to 7mm inbetween 6 and 8! Crazy! :/
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 04, 2010 7:47 pm

I agree! I posted it once before and I don't think anyone paid attention... there's a guide on here but it's just a modified version of that.
And the whole "pussy" thing is always entertaining. I have a friend that was telling me that 1G (7mm) didn't exist because she "looks them up all the time and would know." Someone on here was also telling me it didn't exist... so I guess I just imagined the pages of 1G stuff on BAF!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion