is it safe?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Nic » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I recently used electric tape ( which i have to say besides the bad comments about it being dangerous is amazing.) I taped from 9/16 to 5/8 and then taped more to 3/4. i have only had 3/4 worth of tape on for a few days and my ears feel healed. I put in one Silicone earskin in my right ear and it opened right up, no pain, no swelling, fit perfect. My left ear on the other hand which i ripped at 1/2 inch and now has scar tissue has been at 3/4 for like a week and everytime i put in the earskin it almost opens all the way up then my ear collapses it. I decided to put more layers of tape to stretch it a bit bigger. Do you think its safe to wear silicone in my ears?
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 am

You should really get some teflon/plumber's/PTFE tape so the adhesive stuff on the electrical tape won't irritate your ears. You can get teflon tape at Lowe's for like 93 cents so there's really no reason to use anything else.
And you're going WAY too fast, especially on the lobe that you tore. Slow down, stop for 6 weeks at every size, and add tape slowly.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 am

haha i was goin thru my old posts an i found this one. I was going to fast an i slowed down. Ive waited two months now ima tape to 7/8, ima add a layer every 2 days cuz my ears seem to be happier when i do that. =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion