Starting to stretch

Discuss all things ear stretching

by MissBloodlust » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey,
I'm about to start stretching my ears, and just had a couple of questions.

So I'm going to stretch with 3mm surgical steel tapers. I've read a whole bunch of info regarding the stretch itself, however some are saying take out the taper when going to bed O.o surely if you've just started stetching taking it out will lead to the hole closing?!! :idea:

Secondly when it comes to cleaning, I have some provon and also jojaba and vit e oil to massage after cleaning...do I take the taper all the way out or just move the taper up/down to clean :?:

Would really appreciate your guys help
Thanx ;)
MissBloodlust

by ericawinship » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 am

Leave th taper in when you're sleeping because yes, the hole will close. And don't takeout the taper while cleaning your holes unless your stretch s fully healed and you can easily put the taper back in after cleaning.
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by MissBloodlust » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 am

Ah ok, awesome...thanks for answering

Ooo sorry 1 other thing, well 2...
After I used the provon soap to clean my ear do I then have to give it a salt bath before massaging the oil in?

Which oil would u suggest I use, the Vit E or the Jojoba?or maybe rotate them?
I don't wan't my ears to thin, and I read that the Vit E oil helps prevent that.

Thanx ;)
MissBloodlust

by ericawinship » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

You actually don't need you use a salt bath unless you have keloid (salt dries out your ear and you actually want to keep it moisturized. And I'd advise using jojoba oil over vitamin e oil because believe it or not, there is vitamin e in jojoba. I hope I answered everything you want to know for now if not don't be afriad to ask. happy stretching! :o
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by MissBloodlust » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 am

Ah ok. Yea thanx for the advice, really appreciate it ;)
MissBloodlust

by bubblesweet » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:59 am

Hey , well I just stretched my ears tonight 18g I think to a 12g .. , and there was no bleeding or anything and I didn’t use the lube everyone was saying to use i used ” extra virgin olive oil ” cause the lady at the shop where I bought my tapers said to do that. Well I’m extremely afraid that I won’t be able to move them at all in the morning to clean them cause right now there swollen and I can slightly turn them .. but I haven’t cleaned them yet so there’s still oil in them , I was wondering if that’s bad ? Plus i actually don’t know if I’m even turning them .. I’m slightly freaking out right now .. Should I just like soak them in the ” saline ” that everyone keeps talking about .. and try and move them around , or what ?
bubblesweet

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:53 pm

You skipped a couple of sizes, so you should really think about downsizing and starting with 16G instead of 12G. If you're not going to, I'd recommend treating your ears like a fresh piercing (sea salt soaks once or twice a day for 5-10 minutes). Also, DON'T try to move the jewelry around... it'll just irritate them a lot more.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 pm

You also shouldn't be using tapers as jewellery anyway, they're too easy caught and can damage your lobes. You should get some proper plugs or tunnels.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Boffey » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Id go to 2mm or maybe even 1.6mm as your first stretch. And tapers are not too uncomfortable untill around 8-10mm
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Why don't people get that skipping smaller sizes is worse than skipping bigger sizes? If you go from 18G to 12G that's making the hole twice as big as it was to start with. Yeah the hole is tiny but it still can't handle such a big increase in size!
And tapers may not be "uncomfortable" before that size but they still put pressure on your ears because they move around. That's how a lot of people get blowouts.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion