Soooo much spam

If you have any comments or suggestions to help us improve the community please post them in this section. We are here to make sure you have a pleasant online experience.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 pm

So, after going through and trying to report all the spam that's popped up on here over night, I started thinking how it could be prevented. I was thinking maybe there could be a rule where you have to have five posts before you can post links? I think that's how they do it on another forum I get on and it works pretty well.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for bringing that up Lindsay. The forum got attacked with spammers last night. Its all gone now.
Great idea, let me look into the 5 post rule.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah, it seems like it's getting worse lately so I was wondering what makes this forum so vulnerable to it. Then I realized there aren't really any rules about what new members can and can't post. The only bad part with the five-post rule is that you'll have people posting nonsense replies to random threads just to raise their post count but it'll at least take away the advertising. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Ya its ridiculous!! The forum has a code that must be entered upon reg but spam bots are getting smarter. I just had a few more things set up.
#1 If more then 2 links are in a post, the post will go to a que before its actually posted

#2 Gauge size upon registration has to be entered.

We could also set up a admin activation option, thus requiring an activation to even be allowed to post on the boards (last resort).
Tom

by deviantxy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:29 pm

You could use a code that makes it so that a members first five post have to be accepet before they are posted. I'm on another forum that does that.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by Tom » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:35 pm

deviantxy wrote:You could use a code that makes it so that a members first five post have to be accepet before they are posted. I'm on another forum that does that.

Thanks devian, looking into it.
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I like the gauge size idea, very simple yet effective!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Set up another question form upon registration that should block automated spam-bots from registering. If they get past the simple question, that means its a human spammer.
Tom

by bradykay90 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 am

Hopefully its not another human lmao
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by deviantxy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Looks like they are human spammers. I've seen that some of them even fill out the gauge question.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

Return to Forum Problems, Queries & Suggestions