Stretching Kit Issue! Taper 16g Tunnel 14g

Discuss news and politics from around the world.

by theinfamousladyk » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 am

Hi! :D
Im planning on stretching my ears for the first time. I dont know what my exact size is but apparently the normal starting size (pierced as a child) is a little under 16g. Im ordering a kit online and I know Im suppose to put in the tunnel as soon as you stretch it with the taper but the kit says the smallest taper is a 16g and the smallest tunnel is 14g. My question is, should I start my stretch up to a 14g so I can insert the tunnel or should I just leave my 16g taper in for a couple weeks until its ready to get stretched to 14g?

Thanks in advance for the insight :mrgreen:
theinfamousladyk

by Beccaiscool » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Wearing a 16g taper for a couple of weeks is fine if you dont mind having to sleep with them and shower with them. Starting with a 14 wont be that bad because of its small size but walmart sells horseshoe rings in 16g and so does Hot Topic so you can always pick up a pair and wear those for a couple of weeks. Going to a 14g wont be that bad pain wise and thats the size most people start at. People say that if you wear tapers for jewelry your ears will get ruined but they dont know why, never wear tapers at bigger sizes especially after you just stretched because your ears still have to heal and they weigh down your ears at such a big size but since you are going to a 16g or a 14g its so small and they are so light it wont bother your ears and wearing them is fine. I find them to stab me in the back while im sleeping thats why I suggested the horseshoe rings. Have fun stretching! :D
Beccaiscool

by Dangorn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm

I stretched mine from 18 to 12 with just using regular horse shoe piercings and waiting a month between each stretch. Had a stretching kit, but it started at 12 and I couldn`t be bothered buying the tapers and the tunnels when i had regular piercings laying around.
Dangorn

by bunnieswithbaddreams » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm

I have the same problem except my stretching kit has the lowest taper as 14g, and the lowest plug as 10g. Should I leave the tapers in for 2 weeks each and then stretch to 10? Or leave the tapers in a few days each? I heard at this size its okay to stretch that fast
bunnieswithbaddreams

Return to In The News